Wednesday 18 November 2015

How Filming Went - 17/11/15

Today we finally started to film our music video. My co-director, Imogen, Alicia, Emma and I all stayed after school until 5:30pm to film both the opening few shots of our video and the whole song sung by the girls before Imogen's makeover.

My co-director and I were looking forward to finally being able to start our music video after months of researching, however, for me personally, filming didn't go as well as I planned. We had less time than we initially thought, due to some performers having prior arrangements, not all the lyrics for the song were learnt, meaning we had to stop and start filming, rather than filming the song the whole way through and we didn't have the costumes we planned to use - due to them being forgotten.

This being said, we did manage to get some good footage that can be used for our music video and we even got extra shots of Imogen singing the song by herself and dancing. She started to do this without being recorded and my co-director and I thought this would look good in our video so asked her to do it again so we could record it.

This filming day has allowed us to learn from our mistakes. Next time we will;

  • pick a day when all our performers can stay the whole time so we don't have to rush
  • provide costumes ourselves so our performers can't forget to bring them and
  • give our performers the lyrics at least 3 weeks in advance of filming.


No comments:

Post a Comment