Thursday 3 September 2015

Music Video Inspiration

I have watched some popular music videos and have chosen my favourite for inspiration for my own music video;

1. Rachel Platten - Fight Song




I chose this video in particular as it uses the typical pop song conventions. For example, the singer lying on a bed miming into the camera and an emotional scene of her in the shower.

2. Little Mix - Black Magic 




Again, this music video is very stereotypical of a girly pop song having the same theme as a stereotypical chick flick film. It is set in an American style 'high school' and the 'uncool' group of friends (Little Mix themselves) become the attractive popular clique that everyone wants to get to know.

3. Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me 




Finally, this is my favourite pop song music video. It tells the story of the song lyrics. My favourite part is when they use pieces of paper to communicate through the window. This music video seems to portray the story of a typical American teenage love between a girl and a boy who has a girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment