Tuesday 19 April 2016

Motion Animations

Aside from using Motion for animated lyrics, I wanted to experiment turning still images into animated ones. A shot we thought this would work is the one where our performer is looking at a picture of her ex boyfriend. This clip is framed using the rule of thirds and is to the far right of the shot (see below).

To follow conventions of indie-pop, I decided to work with girly shapes and used a star, arrows and hearts.




Once I had found the images I wanted I could then add them into motion. As I was using Motion on a MacBook and our music video has been edited on an iMac, my co-director sent me a screenshot of the clip we were using the animation for so I could ensure the animated images were in the right place when creating them in Motion.  I will then remove the screenshot so the background for all the animations is transparent and can be 'greenscreened' onto the clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment